HELPING HANDS is a brand of services that we offer within Threshold DAS.
- FOOD BANK
- CHARITY SHOP
- REPAIR CAFE
- PERIOD POVERTY
The Key Objectives of the Helping Hands Food Bank are:
- Address hunger as a health issue.
- Partner with member agencies to meet the immediate need for food assistance and collaborate on innovative solutions to reduce the need.
- Inspire generosity among current supporters and attract a new generation of donors.
- Build the Food Bank’s capacity to measure and reward success.
- Address issues of how to use the food from the food bank including ensuring health and lifestyles choices such as Veganism. Providing basic recipes to inspire change and well-being.
- There is enough food to feed those who living in poverty and hungry in Wales, but up to one third of food produced is wasted. Most of that ends up in landfills, where it produces greenhouse gasses. Food banking is a proven solution.
- Source donations and types of food: It’s not just about food – it’s about healthy food. That means donating things like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, low-fat dairy, and lean proteins.
Please get in touch for more information. Helpinghands@threshold-das.org.uk