This is a 12 week course which aims to assist and equip women with the knowledge needed to recover from the effects of domestic abuse.
The Recovery Toolkit is a useful follow on from the Freedom Programme.
For women who have experienced and/or are recovering from domestic abuse, the content of the course evolves each week to help you develop coping strategies and grow stronger.
What are its Aims?
- To positively change an abused individual’s thinking, how you perceive yourself (self-esteem and self-image)
- To encourage the development of strategies to help you cope with emotional pain
- To recognise the effects of abuse on children, encouraging you to develop positive parenting skills
- To positively change how you interact with others
- To set individual goals and action planning
- To give women the knowledge needed to enable them to move forward in their lives and develop healthy relationships