NO Bars to Education are exciting new initiative for people living in Caerphilly and Carmarthenshire.
This project has been supported by the European Social Fund (ESF) through the WCVA to help people progress into employment or self employment through flexible pre-vocational training, workshops, back to work support, skills training and qualifications, voluntary work and paid placement opportunities.
Specifically, the project will provide;
- Agored Cymru accredited Level 2 Awards in subject areas such as Entrepreneurship; Safeguarding;Team Working; Interpersonal Skills; Community Development and Volunteering; Healthy Relationships, Arts and Crafts, Pottery Making, Jewellery Making, Mindfulness, etc. (This is by no means an exhaustive list).
- Paid placement opportunities – 16 hours a week at £8.21/hr for 16 or 26 weeks. Placements available internal as well as in a wide range of sectors (administration, customer service, retail, leisure, animal etc ). Travel and lunch paid for up to the first pay day.
- Assistance and support into volunteering- through partner agencies, Volunteering Open Days, training and taster events, seminars and workshops.
- Support & signposting to further learning and education
- ‘Job search’ opportunities and support in developing employability skill
No Bars to Education welcomes participants aged 25 years old, living in Caerphilly or Carmarthenshire who are: long term unemployed, on Employment Support Allowance (ESA) or economically inactive for 12 months or more.
In order to participate, you will need to provide evidence of:
- Your long term unemployed or economically inactive status. This may be in the form of a recent letter addressed to you from the DWP or Jobcentre Plus about benefit claims etc.
- Your date of birth. This can be in the form of a passport, driving license or birth certificate.
- Your National Insurance Number (Nino). This may be in the form of a National Insurance number card or a letter addressed to you from the DWP or Jobcentre Plus with your National Insurance Number on.
If you have difficulty in obtaining any of this evidence, please don’t hesitate to contact us for advice.
For more information on NO BARS TO EDUCATION , please contact Tania/Felicity/Kerry/Odette on 01554 752 422 or via email
Funded by: WCVA, Active Inclusion and the European Social Fund ( ESF)